- The bull will be released on the the arena through the vadi vasal, an entry gate.
- The tamer should embrace the bull for 30 seconds or 15 feet, whichever is longer when the bull runs. (Usually it is about 15 m (49 ft), marked by hanging overhead marker flags along the line.)
- Only one contestant should hold on to the bull at one time. If more than one contestant holds on to the bull, then there is no winner.
- The contestant should only hold the bull by its hump. Holding by the neck, horns or tail results in disqualification.
- No contestant should hit or hurt the bull in any manner.
- If the bull throws the contestant off before the line or if no-one manages to hold on to the bull, then the bull will be declared victorious.
- If the contestant manages to hold on to the hump till it crosses the finish line, then the contestant is declared the winner.
Posts in category Sports
- A written permission is obtained from the respective collector, thirty days prior to conduct of event along with notification of the event location.
- The arena and the way through which the bulls pass through is double-barricaded, in order to avoid injuries to the spectators and by-standers who may be permitted to remain within the barricades.
- Final preparation before the event include a complete testing by the authorities of the Animal Husbandry Department, to ensure that performance enhancement drugs, liquor or other irritants are not used on the bulls.
- The necessary gallery areas are built up along the double barricades.
- The necessary permissions are obtained from the collector for the participants and the bulls fifteen days prior.
- Safegaurding the bull and Viewers are the top priority.
Virat Kohli was named ODI Cricketer of the Year at the International Cricket Council Awards.
Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara was named the Cricketer of the Year besides getting the best Test player honour at the International Cricket Council Awards.
Sangakkara accepted the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy from ICC president Alan Isaac and was clearly thrilled to win.
Sangakkara received the Test Cricketer award from batting legend Brian Lara in front of his home crowd.
Dhoni named as the caption of an ODI Team of the Year.
Prabhu Deva dance will be the grand finale of the show. If this was not enough of a treat, Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra will be performing with him.
Prabhu Deva is practising his moves and will be dancing for some of the biggest hits in his career. Amitabh Bachchan will be hosting this memorable show. IPL 5 could not ask for a bigger or better start to this season.
This year is going to be special as none other than Prabhu Deva, India’s answer to Michael Jackson will be performing at the opening ceremony to be held on April 3rd at the YMCA grounds in Chennai.