- Tag: TamilNadu Jallikattu rules
Posts tagged TamilNadu Jallikattu rules
- The bull will be released on the the arena through the vadi vasal, an entry gate.
- The tamer should embrace the bull for 30 seconds or 15 feet, whichever is longer when the bull runs. (Usually it is about 15 m (49 ft), marked by hanging overhead marker flags along the line.)
- Only one contestant should hold on to the bull at one time. If more than one contestant holds on to the bull, then there is no winner.
- The contestant should only hold the bull by its hump. Holding by the neck, horns or tail results in disqualification.
- No contestant should hit or hurt the bull in any manner.
- If the bull throws the contestant off before the line or if no-one manages to hold on to the bull, then the bull will be declared victorious.
- If the contestant manages to hold on to the hump till it crosses the finish line, then the contestant is declared the winner.